Health, Fitness & Wellness Are Top-of-Mind for Consumers and Investors

A recent Axial article examines how the development of health and wellness industry has translated into investments and M&A activity. The article features health and wellness data from SDR Ventures, including the fact that Natural & Organic Foods led the fourth quarter of 2016 in M&A deal volume, narrowly edging out Lifestyle Companies, Personal Care and VMS (Vitamins, Minerals & Supplements). Additionally, data from SDR Ventures shows that only 14% of Q4 health and wellness deals were completed by financial sponsors, while the remaining 86% were carried out by strategic companies.

Health, Fitness & WellnessThe article also highlights key trends that are taking form:

  • Health-focused restaurants are well-positioned for growth, but many of these emerging brands will face capital and other needs.
  • In Latin America, new fitness companies are appearing and consolidation is underway. However, sponsor-backed companies are poised to win out due to the capital-intensive nature of these businesses.
  • Emerging health and wellness sub-categories, such as natural/organic cosmetics, personalized nutrition, functional beverages, natural/organic supplements and both probiotics and prebiotics, are growing.

As consumer habits and needs continue to develop, this evolving industry will certainly be interesting to watch.

To read the full article on Axial.net, please click here.
For the latest Health and Wellness M&A and investment activity, visit our quarterly reports page.

Axial Forum - Health, Fitness & Wellness